Installation of Stone Veneer on Fireplace and Interior Wall
Quick and easy methods for installation of faux stone fireplace veneer on fireplaces including using stone veneer wall panels, which can also be used to place stone veneer on interior walls. To be part of these latest home design trends is a relatively inexpensive procedure since the cost of stone veneer is so much less than real stone or brick. In addition, since the weight of stone veneer for use on fireplaces and interior walls is so much less than for real stone or brick, expensive reinforcements otherwise required to walls and foundations are not necessary.
INTERIOR WALL STONE VENEERS ARE IDENTICAL TO REAL STONE BUT BETTER
Stone veneer for fireplace stone refacing is easily installed using the following process. Tools to get the job done should include: mason trowel, finishing trowel, ½” tuck pointer, grout bag, and a circular saw. In addition to your manufactured stones you will need a moisture resistant barrier and a metal lath for the mortar to adhere to.
1. Determine how much stone you will need. Measure your surface area to determine the square footage. Don’t skimp as most people end up regretting it. Instead order some extra to give you the flexibility you need.
2. Start by preparing your work area. A prepared area will make your job go smoother and it will ensure that your job has no errors. Take off any existing trim that’s around the stone fireplace or interior wall and a weatherproof barrier needs to be put up to keep the moisture away from the mortar using a stapler or hammer and nails to fasten.
3. Mix mortar until it’s the perfect consistency – not too dry and not too wet – the key to a great install is the mortar.
4. Lay the stones on the floor like a jig saw puzzle then choose which stones you want to put where.
5. Put the stones up with a nice variety for a natural feel and a look that is just like true rock. Make sure the nails are into the studs by at least 1 inch. Tape the edge and cover the fireplace opening with plastic to protect it while you work.
ENSURING YOUR INSTALLATION OF STONE VENEER IS TROUBLE FREE
While most installation of stone veneer on fireplace and stone veneer on interior wall projects can be completed with a stone distributor’s stock selection of the more standard stones such as the river rock, if you are going for something more exotic like castle stone you should anticipate extra delivery time and also order a little extra to make sure you don’t run short and then run into trouble matching up. Do it yourself stone veneer fireplace stone designs and wall projects doesn’t have to be that difficult as long as you take some time to plan before jumping in.
Stone Selex head office is based in the Greater Toronto Area and distributes stone and brick veneer throughout Ontario and Quebec, serving Acton, Barrie, Belleville, Brampton, Brantford, Brockville, Burlington, Cambridge, Chatham, Charlottetown, Clarington, Concord, Cornwall, Drummondville, Erin, Etobicoke, Gatineau, Georgetown, Granby, Guelph, Hamilton, Hudson, Innisfil, Joliette, Kawartha Lakes, Kent, King City, Kingston, Kitchener, Lac St-Jean, Laval, Leamington, Longueuil, London, Maple, Markham, Midland, Milton, Mirabel, Mississauga, Montreal, Muskoka, Niagara Falls, Norfolk, North Bay, North York, Notre-Dame-des-Prairies, Oakville, Orillia, Oshawa, Ottawa, Owen Sound, Quebec, Repentigny, Richmond Hill, Rimouski , Rivière-du-Loup, Sept-Îles, Saguenay, Saint-Charles-Borromée, Saint-Georges, Saint-Hyacinthe, Saint-Jean-sur- Richelieu, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Sarnia, Sault Ste. Marie, Scarborough, Shawinigan, Sherbrooke, St. Catharines, Stratford, Sudbury, Terrebonne, Thetford Mines, Thunder Bay, Timmins, Toronto, Trois- Rivières, Unionville, Val-d’Or, Victoriaville, Waterloo, Welland, Whitby, Willowdale, Windsor, Woodbridge, Woodstock, and surrounding areas.